It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy.
8 Things The Happiest People Do Every Day
I couldn’t agree more with this list over at lifehack.org…
- They Smile
- They Offer a Helping Hand
- They Exercise
- They Socialize
- They Work Towards Goals
- They Express Gratitude
- They Face Stress Head-On
- They Remain Optimistic
Testing Google Drive Charts
7 Ways To Increase Leisure Time (or be more productive)
Great article talking about how everyone feels overwhelmed but we actually have more leisure time than ever. Here are the 7 scientifically proven things you can do to be more productive:
- Write it All Down
- Prioritize or Die
- Make Things Automatic
- Work like an Athlete
- Switch to Singletasking
- Only Handle it Once
- Have Leisure Goals
30 Simple Things You Don’t Realize You Do That Impress Everyone Around You
Great article over at lifehack.org identifying how doing the simple things earn you great respect.
- Dress the part
- Be on time
- Don’t break your promises
- Respect others
- Be involved
- Say, “Please,” and, “Thank you,” often
- Smile often
- Don’t be constantly using your phone
- Be faithful to your partner
- Support your children
- Personal hygiene isn’t an option, it’s a requirement
- Speak clearly and make eye contact
- Don’t chew gum
- Use humor
- Greet people with a handshake or hug
- Be true to yourself
- Listen to others
- Perform acts of kindness
- Be organized
- Compliment people
- Share knowledge and information with others
- Be positive and focus on the good
- Help others
- Keep a clean car
- Care about people
- Don’t take offense
- Own up to your mistakes
- Take advantage of experiences life has to offer
- Know what’s going on in the world
This Band is Amazing
8 Secrets to Success
Richard St. John. In his “8 Secrets of Success” TED talk, he shares the elements of success he compiled after interviewing 500 successful people:
- Passion. Though recently a buzzword, it’s also a major happiness factor.
- Expertise. Get good and own your skill.
- Focus. Practice it like a muscle.
- Push. Push yourself through self-doubt and inhibitions. Even great people think they’re not good enough.
- Serve. Serve people something of value because it’s how you get rich.
- Ideas. Follow through with your ideas; we all have them. Creativity isn’t magic.
- Persist. Persistence, according to St. John, is the number one reason for success. Persist through failure and CRAP (criticism, rejection, assholes and pressure).
Here’s the video:
10 Painfully Obvious Truths About Life
Awesome article over at Marc and Angel Hack Life that reminds everyone of a few key life truths:
- The average human life is short.
- You will only ever live the life you create for yourself
- Being busy does NOT mean being productive.
- Some kind of failure always occurs before success.
- Thinking and doing are two very different things.
- You don’t have to wait for an apology to forgive.
- Some people are simply the wrong match for you.
- It’s not other people’s job to love you; it’s yours.
- What you own is not who YOU are.
- Everything changes, every second.